Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Korean Textbooks

Every week I am to create three 1-hour lessons - one for all three levels of middle school. 

This wouldn't be a problem, however, this lesson must be based on a short conversation in the book. 




And often the conversations just don't make sense...





And they try to use slightly-outdated pop culture, which often falls flat....





Or it's just.....racist?!





Ugh. I have spent so many evenings staring at these books, completely at a loss on how to turn it into a 1-hour lesson. So, if anyone you know is thinking of coming to Korea to teach, WARN THEM. 



Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go turn the phrase "I shouldn't have played soccer in the rain" into a lesson that kids who don't speak English will understand. :)




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I don't even understand the first one... the second is strange. The third is awful!!

    ReplyDelete