Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My first week in Bucheon.

I've been here almost two months now (geez, time flies!), but in attempt to illustrate my culture shock into Public school life, here are some photos.


First of all, random teachers I didn't even know would pull me into pictures with them. Notice my bewildered expression.



Second, I was regularly kidnapped to go to staff dinners. Sometimes the food was good, but other times it was boiled pork. :(





One day, I somehow ended up sitting next to my vice principle, who kept filling my glass with makali (a very alcoholic rice drink) and saying "One shot! One shot!" >.<


This is actually quite normal behavior for an employer in Korea. Needless to say, I was quite dizzy after that dinner. x.x



Then, at my school, I found the textbooks I was supposed to use. Some of the pages were...puzzling, to say the least.





Then, to make matters even more difficult, I got bit by a random dog. And it HURT. Click to enlarge, if you dig this sorta thing.


                                           Day 1                                                     Day 3


Yeah. So all of this, on top of learning a new job and moving to a new city.

Now you see why I didn't do blog posts for so long?


:P





3 comments:

  1. I think that page out of your english textbook is the funniest things I've ever seen. hahaha!!

    Did you go to the doctor after your got bit? That sounds awful :(

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a video of your and your principle making you drink. Hahaha... I'll just have to imagine it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it was one of the more confusing situations of my life. o.O

      Delete