Sunday, September 11, 2011

Korean Thanksgiving

So, in the last post I may have given everyone the idea that I have not left my apartment. I may have actually outright said that, actually.

I was joking. I have left my apartment, but due to the timing of my arrival, not very much.

My first day here I visited my school and met some of the kids. Then my boss took me shopping and out to dinner, and that was pretty much the extent of it.

The next two days were the weekend, so no school. My fellow teachers showed me around town, and I ate at some restaurants and attempted to remember directions.

I also bought cleaning supplies and groceries (which I have to keep in David Teacher's fridge because mine is broken) and I memorized what to say to a taxi driver if I am lost.

I also went to the castle, but I forgot a camera and it was raining a lot, so no pictures. Sorry!

Now, today (Monday) and Tuesday are apparently Korean Thanksgiving. I don't really know what they do on this holiday, but pretty much everything is closed. Also, no school or refrigerator repair man.

My first day of teaching will be Wednesday. It will probably be very awkward because I still know very little about the school other than the kids are cute and ...energetic.

I'll let you know how that goes. :/

Today will be some hiking with the other teachers and ...I guess that's it. Everything is closed.

Something I want to accomplish today: I purchased a pillow and they forgot to take the security thingy off. I must find a way to break it!


There will be pictures at some point, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Weren't you going to eat something special in the castle? Did you win? :)

    Haha, after hearing the rest of your "journey" the pillow security tag would be left on. Girl, you need to get your shit together! :) Just kidding. Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete