Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Buddha!

A while back it was Buddha's birthday, which is a National holiday in Korea.


I decided to take the opportunity to go to Seoul and see my friends from University (aka: Exchange students that I tutored back in the day)!!

There was two Korean girls and one Korean boy. MY Korean Boy left me in a subway station so that I could play with them alone. ^^



(Other Korean Boy is taking picture)



They took me to Insa-dong (?) which was packed with people for the holidays!




And we somehow reached great heights without climbing any stairs:





I'm serious. No stairs. o.O



Then we paid our respects to Buddha...




And I saw a tree filled with lanterns.



I wanted to buy a lantern, but was too scared that it would be a very foreigner-y thing to do. x.x


Then we played by a fake river.




And then went to Starbucks and posted funny messages about Other Korean Boy on his Facebook.



He was not pleased.




:D

4 comments:

  1. hey there... apparently I was way behind with the blog reading ... just caught up tonight I have the week off so had some found time :) You look and sound great and happy! I love the new adorable kitten glad Mr. Darcy has someone to keep him entertained :) Tacos are still your favorite food right?? In case you decide to come back in the summer Detroit is July 22- Aug 1 this year :) miss you.

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Buddha! I'm having a hard time believing the no stairs thing.... maybe a great crater or gorge in the middle of the city?? strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taren, I got your letter the other day! It made me so happy to see it when I opened up the mailbox. And I loved the stationary, little animals and glitter and all! I'll try and write to you again soon... this time on more exciting paper. Glad to hear you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete