Friday, May 25, 2012

Shabu-shabu

Wow.

I am so bored today. I think I'll do another post.


Not about my new job. I don't have those pictures on my computer yet, and I'm still at work. My classes are finished though, don't worry.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but for some reason when I'm at work, I pretend to do work, and then I go home and actually do it in my free time.

I have serious issues.

Anyway, I was browsing through my pictures and found these amazingly delicious-looking ones of some of my favorite food in Korea. And, since I am hungry and bored, I decided to torture myself by doing a blog post about it!

I seriously have issues.

Anyway, here is a picture of some of my adult students when we went to...

Shabu-shabu!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Shabu-Shabu is actually Chinese food, but it's in Korea, so whatever. And yes, those really are my students. They build airplanes. And I gave them English lessons. And this was my goodbye dinner when I quit my job.

My life is weird.

Okay, so what they do is give you many things:

Dok and mandu (aka rice cakes and pork dumplings):





And some raw sausage:




AND OF COURSE.....the BEEF!!!




Then they give you a pot with the broth and a bunch of vegetables. They light your table on fire so that it starts cooking.
THEN you put the meat and dumplings in when you want, let them cook, and EAT EVERYTHING!!!





The Korean men got two kinds, because they were afraid I couldn't eat the spicy one.

I could.

Oh yes, I could. And it was amazing.

I'm hungry....and hey, it's almost 4 30 and time to go home!

Awesome!

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Taren, dear. Your food photos made me drool. Jim likes it when I drool, but I must explain it's not from looking at him in his man shorts...

    xoxo,
    Auntie Joyce.
    Joyce made chow mein...yummmmo...momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness mom.

    anyway taren, that is Carsten's very favorite meal to have in China. I want to try it so badly, since he talks about it all the time. And he LOVES it super super spicy. Mmmmm, I'm jealous. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete