Monday, July 11, 2011

Jinju

I apologize for the negativity in the last posting. While I still do not have my Criminal Record Check, I am a little less annoyed by the whole situation at the present time. I thought I would make another post about something probably a lot more interesting - my city!

This is the question I have been asked the most. Everyone is always asking "Where in Korea will you be staying?" as if they know the names of any Korean cities. Then when I say 'Jinju' the pretend to think for a moment before informing me that they aren't sure where that is. Seriously people, can you even point to Korea on a map?

And if one more person asks me if I'm going to North Korea or South Korea, I will smack them upside the head.

Anyway, the city I will be living in for a year is called Jinju. It is in the south of SOUTH Korea, apparently about 50 minutes (by bus) west of Busan, the second largest city next to Seoul. The climate is....

Hahahahaha, sorry, I cannot do this. I feel like I am plagiarizing Wikipedia. I know absolutely nothing about this city. Here, read this, and then you will know everything I do!

JINJU WIKIPEDIA PAGE

Hooray! Now we are all on the same page. As little as I know about Jinju, I think it seems like a good fit for me. It is a small city by Korean standards, which I am relieved about. I think it is actually a lot smaller than Queretaro, which also raises my chances for survival.

The city seems to run along this river. I really hope the river has bike paths along it. Wouldn't that be fun?! On Google earth it looks like there's bike paths. I am also excited to eat the raw beef. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you CLEARLY did not read the Wikipedia page. I am also excited for Jinju castle. I am going to eat raw beef in Junju castle, if they let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment