Monday, July 11, 2011

I speak Korean.

I am learning Korea.

(Note: When I decided to write this post, for some reason in my mind I thought it would be easy to show what I have learned...but then I remembered that I would have to type in Korean. So I had to figured out how to do that. Be impressed. Please).

I've mostly been teaching myself Korean with the internet. I can pretty much read what the letters say at this point, but my pronunciation is terrible. But I feel like I have made great progress this week.

My friend from Korea showed me how to write my name. It looks like this:

테런

It looks too small, I know, but that really is five letters. By the way, since I am typing this on an american keyboard, I had to figure out which buttons to press to get those symbols.

By trial and error, I found that to type my name, I must press xpfjs.

I shall henceforth be known as thus.

I have mostly been learning Korean from this guy. He posts wonderful videos on speaking Korean, and I watch them and practice out loud like a fool. In the video I watched recently, I learned to say:

정말,저는코끼리가아니에오.

This translates to 'Really, I am not an elephant.'

I think this will be useful in case Korean zoo keepers try to capture me.

I must be ready for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment