Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me~

Yeah, it was my birthday!

If you didn't know that, I'm sure you're heading out to buy me a birthday card right now.


My birthday was uneventful, as always. I worked my regular schedule, 3 children's classes and 2 adult classes.

Some of my kids were giving me a hard time, so I told them it was my birthday so PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE finish your work today.

They didn't believe me until I showed them my birth date on my driver's license. Then they sang, and one of them gave me a Duel Masters card. It was cute. They even finished their work. It's days like that that I really love children.


But as much as I loved my children that day, my hatred for men was as strong as ever.

If any of you want to know more details, you must Skype me. It is a story that cannot be put into typed words.

I spontaneously decided to discuss the differences between men and women in my adult class. It not only confirmed my suspicions, but enlightened me on the behaviors of both Western and Korean men. (Again, if you want to know what I'm talking about, set up a Skype date with me.)


Fortunately, my birthday was not ruined. An amazing person found cheddar cheese, sour cream, AND cilantro in Seoul and brought them to me.

Right now I am spending Friday night by myself making refried beans from scratch...I don't really think I could be happier.

Unless I had a puppy, or something.




TACOS!!




Hat picture next, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have your address so A Big Happy Birthday to YOU! Imagine this comment has little balloons and birthday cakes on it and it all of a sudden becomes a card.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam!!! I'm imagining the balloons are taco-shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (LATE) taren! I missed it :(
    Sounds like you had a good day though, with the real fixins for tacos and all :)

    ReplyDelete