Saturday, June 22, 2013

I am alive

It's been a long time.

I'm sure a lot of you are wondering what has happened since March. Well, I finally finished my contract at the public school. It was a huge relief to get out of such a hostile work environment. The only thing I miss about it is the kids.




I started my new job and moved to Gwacheon. I live in a nice quiet neighborhood with trees and birds and little old women selling fruit just outside. I'm stoked not to be living in a huge city anymore!

I work in Anyang, so I have to commute every day by bus. At first it was difficult because the Gyeonggi-do buses don't have any English, so I had to learn the Korean stops. And sometimes they don't even announce the stops! It's all good now, and it takes about 40 minutes from the time I leave my house to when I arrive at school.

There are over a dozen other American teachers at my school, so I'm no longer as lonely as I was.

This school works me hard - which is why I haven't updated much. I've been doing nothing except work! I teach 10 classes a day sometimes, but I'm having a lot of fun. My students are unbelievably smart, and their English is a lot more advanced than at my other school.

If you remember my first job in Korea, this is another after-school program for students. So I work from 2-10 and teach progressively older students as they day goes on. I start off teaching second grade and finish off teaching 9th.

I don't have much else to say - I'm much happier here, and I'm learning a lot at my new job!

And the students really seem to like me...I got a ton of presents on teacher's day!


I hadn't been really confident when I first started - I wasn't sure if I was good enough for this school. The presents let me know that students seem to think I am, at least!

I won't be home for Christmas this year, as we don't have very many vacation days at this school. I have a week off in July that I will hopefully be using to go to Japan!

Anyway, I'm doing well, the cats are doing well, and my two tanks of fish are doing well. Yes, I bought another fishtank. I have a problem. I must have been Noah in a past life.


I'll post again, maybe.

Or, instead of complaining about how I don't post you could, you know, email me.  :D





:D



No comments:

Post a Comment