Sunday, January 27, 2013

America!!

I went to America, as most of you know, to surprise my family for Christmas!

It was great to see everyone, but I felt kind of like a guest in my own country. I think I actually got more culture shock coming back than when I first went to Korea!


Some things that surprised me about America:

Random people smiling/talking to me. 
(This just doesn't normally happen in Korea. It's strange to ask random people questions).

So much space.
(Everything is more spread out, you must drive everywhere).

1-story buildings.
(Pretty much unheard of in Korea).

Everyone drives really slow.
(Yeah, you do).

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SPACE UNDER THE PUBLIC BATHROOM DOORS?! Creepy!!
(In Korea there's only about an inch gap).

Knives and Forks
(I missed my chopsticks...they really are easier to use with certain foods).

CHEAP PRODUCE!
(I want allll the avacados, which are about 6 dollars each in Korea).

Spanish everywhere!
(In America it's English/Spanish, in Korea it's Korean/Chinese/Japanese/English).



Animals! Nature!
(Where are the skyscrapers?!)


 So much alcohol!
(Koreans drink a lot, so it's probably good they don't have this many choices of beer).


Really bad food that gave me stomach problems!!
(It was worth it).
 TACO BELLS
 REAL PIZZA
TERRIBLE AMERICAN CHINESE FOOD!
(I gained about 4 pounds being back).


Dogs are very large and smell bad.
(Sorry mom, they do. I grew up used to it, but I think I'm a cat person now).
I still love Goleta though. <3






1 comment:

  1. Goleta took offense to the comment about her smelling bad.....she loves how she smells...:}...momma

    ReplyDelete